A wonderful treat that goes great with an Antipasto!
Prep time: Approx. 30 min
Cook time: 8 min. (steaming the carrots)
Total time: At least a few hours because you need to chill the carrots. Better if you chill them in the fridge over night.
Garlic Carrots Ingredients:
- 2 lbs. carrots (washed, peeled and sliced)
- 2 tbls. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic (chopped fine)
- Fresh parsley (about a handful shopped fine)
- This recipe is quite simple but delicious and is great to have as a side dish with the Antipasto.
- I like to serve it in a bowl with the other antipastos. Great stuff!
- Note: If raw garlic is a bit too strong for you, not to worry. You can mellow this out by putting the garlic and olive oil in a pan and simmer on low heat until you start to get bubbles on the edges of the garlic. Then take the heat off the pan and let the garlic and oil marinate and cool down for about 10 minutes. Then add to carrots as described in recipe instructions below.
See below for VERY detailed recipe instructions
Clean and slice carrots. Slice them pretty thin, about 1/8” thick.
Chop fresh garlic and parsley. Chop as fine as you can.
Steam carrots for about 8 minutes, you do not want to cook the carrots all the way through. You still want some crunch to them. You will need a steaming basket for this.
Take the carrots out of the steamer and put them into a bowl. Pour cold water into the bowl, through in some ice cubes and mix up the carrots, cold water and ice to stop the carrots from cooking. You want to cool them off quickly. Then pour the carrots and water though a strainer so you are left with just cold carrots. Put the carrots in a bowl.
Add chopped garlic, parsley and olive oil and mix well. Then cover with plastic wrap and put in refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours. Overnight is even better.
That’s it you’re done… Easy as Pie!